Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Dave Made Me Do It

Ok, I fibbed. The last entry I made wasn't the last salvo on Sarah Palin. I really believe each one is the last and really mean to promise not to blog about her anymore but I just can't help it. She's Campaign 2008's train wreck, hell she's this year's mid air collision between two jumbo jets. And I'm only human, I can't resist looking. Then Dave Letterman jumping into the fray when McCain went awol on him

So here it is, the inevitable Top 10 List - Why I'm more qualified than Sarah Palin to be the Republican Vice Presidential nominee:

10) My ex husband's ex boss lived a block away from Observatory Circle so I know if I ever got lost I could find my way back to my house.

9) Everyone knows to avoid the water in Mexico but I know not to drink the water in Paris either.

8) At the neighborhood mongolian bbq recently, I impressed the cook with my selection of noodles and veggies and no meat. So I could probably find something to eat if I went on a state visit to a part of China where meat is not eaten frequently.

7) I've been huntin' with "Doc" (my hubby) and we even took the baby. That's right on a hunting trip. Hunting ghosts in Gettysburg.

6) I don't look like Tina Fey but I do look like Mare Winningham, only with darker hair.

5) "Doc" in a past life worked in a building where the residents were mostly Russian, and he speaks it passably.

4) I don't speak with that Fargo meets Alaska accent but people tell me once in awhile I do sound veddy british (I lived in the London 'burbs briefly as a kid)

3) I actually READ periodicals. Neener, neener neener!

2) I have British Gifts as an active application on my Facebook account.

And the #1 reason I'm more qualified to be the Vice Presidential nominee:

1) That time I had to make a pit stop but it was too late because we were boarding our plane in London. I waited, and went...after the plane landed in Baltimore.

No comments: