Saturday, June 7, 2008

Who Am I? Why Am I Here?

Kudos to anyone who remembers who said that, and it harkens to the political side of my blog, not the preppy side.

So who the hell do I think I am to be starting a blog when zillions literally have done the same? Simple, I scrounged around the internet and saw that believe it or not nobody else had quite the same message. Yes there are shopping and style blogs aplenty and political too but nobody's quite intersected them yet. Until now, here.

See style does have to do with the political. Time and again, it is said how Europeans get it, how they make their look work with carefully edited clothing and accessory choices. They know what's in their closets, wear it regularly and nothing is wasted. Things don't hang there forgotten about or unworn. This ties in very nicely with the concept of being kind to the planet in general, not wasting things, not trashing things. This is a major message the Democrats are putting forth this year.

So it might not at first seem to be related, but it is. Reducing, Reusing and Recycling can make for great, great style. Having a carefully edited closet full of things to wear means you put it on and go knowing you look good. You use and wear it out. And if not worn out there are kids or friends to pass it along to.

Because we all know genuine prep involves classics that are worn and loved. - Mom's alligator bag, a pal's Burberry raincoat that she is setting aside since she no longer needs it, beloved jewelry handed down through the years.

That's who I am and why I'm here.

No comments: