Friday, July 25, 2008

Unsung Spot for Preppy Sweaters

From time to time I will blog about stores in my area and before I do, will make sure that they haven't had much attention, if any, from the blogosphere. I found one on a trip to Tyson's Galleria a few days ago, Knits etc. I'd walked by this store many a time on the way to my friend Bill's store Art With Flowers on the third floor. But this time something caught my eye, a pink A line knit skirt with a solid underskirt and an overskirt that appeared to be the "car wash" style but was actually strips of solid knit sewn over transparent knit. Ahhh, perfect for my company's holiday party later this year (last year I'd made the mistake of shopping WAY too late for it and dammit, the perfect dress was not available in my size). But not in pink...in black. On I go into the store and what finds! Almost everything was on sale, and I found a nice selection of sweaters in classic styles, v necks, cardigans, shells, all in the $25-$50 range. Knits etc carries a variety of scarves, handbags, dresses and yes, the skirt I wanted came in a number of colors including black. The handbags were all in the $85 to $135 range in pleather vs leather if you are looking for manmade options, and nary a magnetic closure on the bags that I could see but pushlocks and zippers. Nice because I'm in that camp that swears the magnetic closures on bags ruin ATM and credit cards.

Knits etc, is on the second floor near the Sur La Table store.

No comments: