Friday, August 1, 2008

Michelle Obama + Trufflebeads = Landslide Style


Today's Daily Candy For Washington DC has an article on a great accessory idea; Trufflebeads. These are made by Zulu women in South Africa and come in a number of styles and jewelry types; earrings, bracelets and several necklace styles. Their colorways range from blacks with greys and golds to more multicolored styles like this.


They would be a great addition to Michelle Obama's pearl necklace with shift look, updating the preppieness of the shift with some color and worldstyle. And of course supporting the Masai women at the same time. There's style with substance for you.


Being one of those "cosmopolitan preppy" types who tends to black vs navy, yours truly is eyeing this bracelet. Would add much oomph to a twinset or simple shell with straight black linen skirt.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, this is Sara from Trufflebeads. I was thrilled to see your write up and am honored that you would even suggest them for Michelle Obama. I have to agree that she would wear them well!

I just wanted to clarify for you that the women who make them are actually Zulu women (not Masai) from South Africa. While the Masai women also do beautiful craftwork, these are specifically from the Zulu women in S.A.

Thanks again for your post! And if you know how to get one to Michelle, let me know :)

Noracharles1995 said...

Hello Sara:

Thanks for the clarification on the Zulu women being the makers of Trufflebeads. I wish I knew how to formally make the suggestion to Ms. Obama but alas I don't. I hope she sees my blog and likes the idea.