Friday, September 5, 2008

More Intellectual Dishonesty

This is horrible. I wasn't aware of the republicans holding a "so called" tribute to 9/11, until this morning because I refused to watch the last night of the republican national convention. But I'm aware of it and of Keith Olbermann's reaction now, and my hat goes off to Keith for apologizing to the country for MSNBC showing it. I truly believe he didn't realize this part of the program was coming and was as shocked and sickened by it as anyone, except maybe those on the dark side.

Watch the "so called" tribute to 9/11 at your discretion and please PLEASE tell me what this has to do with going to war in Iraq. And tell me how they can say the war is being won when Osama is STILL at large.

Each time I visit my parents' gravesite in Arlington, I see the wall of the Pentagon that was hit on 9/11 and I see more troops "coming home" from Iraq and grandparents burying them. I remember I was in NYC less than 48 hours before the attacks and in the basement of the WTC the Friday before. Again, my blood runs cold.

It is morally wrong for grandparents to have to say goodbye to grandchildren, and for parents to have children taken away from them for a pack of lies. If that's not offensive enough, it has to be the absolute height of intellectual dishonesty.

Where is Bin Laden? The question remains 7 years later.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I did watch most of it last night but somehow managed to miss this "tribute". It is just so completely disgusting the use of the footage at a political event. I hope they croak on it.

Gothic Dragon said...

Well it's the only thing they can use to drum up passion in Americans, really. It's the only trick they've got in their bag. All you have to do is trot out 9/11and people fall for it.

It's fine and touching to honor 9/11 but to use it to gain a political foothold is despicable and very typical for them.