Saturday, January 10, 2009

Inauguration Weekend Shopping at Tyson's Galleria


Tyson's Galleria being ten minutes away from my house is a regular Preppycrat destination, especially with Coach, Cole Haan, and the J Crew stores there but it has another find I have blogged about in the past but it's such a beautiful and unique place I have to mention it again - Art With Flowers on the third floor opposite the food court.

Art with Flowers is primarily a floral design shop but as you can see from the pic below from the store, the vibe is very stylish and laid back:





You can find a little of everything here, just check out these candles and these flasks - Paris and LiLo. Too funny.





The back area is a comfy place to hang out and get inspiration both from the flowers in the shop and the nice assortment of bridal and home design magazines:



But Art With Flowers has treats for you, not just your abode. Among the many skincare and fragrance lines they carry are Burn, Serge Leutens, Etro, Santa Maria Novella, Aesop and Floris of London:



This is one of my favorite places to hang out but going in with my camera was a revelation because looking around, there was no bad angle or view in the store. Bill the owner is a genius in making the entire store inviting and a wonderful place to browse and take time looking around.

Last but not least, if you're a fan of hard to find teas and chocolates from around the world, Art With Flowers has them, and has lovely teacups and pots.



If you live anywhere in the DC area, this shop is a must see, definitely worth the trip to Tysons if you live on the other side of DC. If you're here for the Inauguration and staying in the Tyson's area, this is a must see before you leave town.

You can find out more about Art With Flowers here.

4 comments:

Kate said...

I'll have to check it out next time I'm at Tyson;s

Noracharles1995 said...

Kate, you'll love this store, especially when it's time to buy a gift for "that person who has everything" Art With Flowers always has something different and lovely.

merleskaya said...

Vicki, I remember your posting about this store on a.f. I love your pictures; it truly is as beautiful as you describe!

BTW, I will be in DC area at least once (maybe twice) this year. AOA has its convention at the Gaylord National June 26-30. Dan may also have a short gig. I'll keep you posted!

Noracharles1995 said...

Hey L:

Yes, please keep me posted. You haven't met my youngest yet and we should work a visit to Art With Flowers into our day.