Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Thoughts on Various Footwear





About those sneakers that seem to have alot of people crying foul over whether the first lady is going overboard with spending money on clothes and shoes...one angle I have heard little of is the possibility that they were a gift. If so, the Obamas will have to make it public and I have faith that they will.


I heard from an insider involved with Imelda "5000 pairs of shoes" Marcos' racketeering trial in New York City that she didn't buy all those shoes herself. Rather, they had been given to her by the Filipino shoe manufacturers who wanted their first lady to promote their shoes and wear them. I'm in no way, shape, or form excusing the things she and her husband did while he was in office, but given the source I heard this information from, I believe she had all the shoes given to her.


Sometimes appearances are deceiving. But speaking of footwear and having multiples of footwear, I'm inclined to hoard my latest favorite shoes. A couple of weeks ago, I ran across a Lands' End online shoe sale and picked up shoes for my eldest who needed a new pair. While I was at the site, I grabbed these for me:



I fully expected to have to return them because I have a sad history of falling for driving mocs and finding them just too narrow for my wide-ish feet. But no, I am nearly living in these and am happy that my size got back in stock in the last 24 hours, yayyyy. What's more, I got stuck in a downpour on Monday and had to make a dash for my car, pushing a fully loaded grocery cart while I ran. Again, I fully expected the worst, a wipeout. Didn't happen. And the shoes made it through the soaking without falling apart or getting otherwise ruined. So if you need shoes that look good in a preppy meets fashionable kind of way, aren't pricey and won't hobble you when keeping up with kidlets or dodging rain bullets, these may be a good bet for you.

No comments: