Monday, December 22, 2008

But What Will the Bidens Wear?

There has been alot of happy speculation in the blogosphere about what the Obamas will wear on Inauguration Day and to the balls later that night. The Preppy Princess has been closely following what the Obamas and their daughters might be wearing on the big day and night and she has links to that eye candy that is the WWD slideshow of potential looks for President Elect and Mrs. Obama and their daughters. No doubt all of them will look great - all four of them wear clothes well.

I'm curious though about that other couple the day will be honoring - the Vice President Elect and Dr. Biden. It's pretty obvious the Vice President elect cares about dressing well and judging from the article from the November 2008 edition of Vogue, Dr. Biden likes clothes as well. Though I wish I knew both of them personally, I don't, but I think it's safe to say she is probably looking forward to choosing a gown for the inaugural balls and will want one that's fashionable but ladylike and flattering - hey, if I ran 5 miles daily, I'd want to show off my figure too.

I'm guessing the Veep elect will wear a business suit with a blue tie, a combo he's been wearing quite a bit of lately and that works for him, then at the balls, a traditional tuxedo. I'm thinking his wife might be interested in looks similar to these:



This Badgley Mischka is a gorgeous color and unfussy, elegant style.



Ah, red. And the interesting thing about this gown is it also skims the body but the sleeves make it ladylike, a little more "serious" and less Hollywood. Not that Hollywood is a bad place but the Inaugrual is not the Oscars.

Both lovely choices, but then I saw this from a designer called Helen Morley:



And thought that this would be the look I'd love to see Dr. Biden wear. When I went to the Helen Morley website and saw a simpler version of the gown above with a lace bolero - I wish I could have uploaded the pic but dratted Flashplayer kept me from doing so - I was convinced all the more. Her designs are beautiful without being froufrou, grown up without being dowdy or sack like. And the shapes are simple enough that anyone who's preppy at heart would feel great in them. I would love to see Dr. Biden in a gown from this designer, and for more people to get to know Helen Morley's clothes.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Miss Preppycrat, you are ever-so-nice to mention us!

Yo made some great choices, the red gown is just stunning! We went over and visited the Helen Morley site as well, and that was loads of fun!

Great post!
tp

Noracharles1995 said...

Thanks TP, and I hope you had a great holiday. Stay tuned to this space, I have more on Dr. Biden. The more I see of her the more I like her look.