Friday, December 12, 2008

Nordies Rack Lunchtime Run

There's a Nordie's Rack 5 minutes from work so I regularly troll there for all things Lilly for the Elder and Younger Preppycrat Princesses. I saw no Lilly there this time and was honestly saddened to see a particular item in the racks; a pink pair of velour pants size 4t with the word 'Roxy' written across the right bum cheek. The velour look and words written across the bum are awful enough when you're an adult but the messages this sends when worn by little girls is downright scary wrong - Bratz dolls are frightening enough, actual little girls dressed like Bratz dolls unthinkable.

But here's the good news - I saw some cute Hartstrings separates for kids including this:



Price was $14.99 at my Nordies Rack. It has Elder Princess Preppycrat written all over it but alas, was not in the size I expect her to be in come next Summer.

They also had this cardi in navy blue:


Which looked a lot nicer than this green version - I just can't find the navy version on the net, drat!- but it was also not in Elder's size. I did, however want to pass this along to any of y'all who have preppy kids and want to help Santa bring them clothes for the holidays via our friends at Nordie's Rack.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, you did make some good finds! Really, really cute. You can be our personal shopper anytime! (And yes, the Roxy pants sound very depressing.)

Hope your weekend is splendid,
tp

Noracharles1995 said...

Thanks TPP! Just think how the deals will be after xmas. I'm regretting not getting the skort because it was 2 sizes too big for Elder because I can always pack it away until it fits her.

I see a return to the Rack in my near future.