Friday, December 5, 2008

Merry Xmas to Me


This was completely unplanned, but sometimes the Sirens lead you to the Holy Grail not to your demise. The sirens of Cole Haan that is; first the email Siren offering 30% off of sale items, then the Free Shipping Siren, and last but not least the Sale Siren herself. Yes, good things come in threes.


I bought the bag above and think it will be a keeper - unlike many bags in this shade it's made of plain ole leather, not a patent, or an ombre, or a faux snakeskin. I think this will keep it looking good from year to year whereas had I bought a green patent bag, not so much. It's a large enough size for all of my crappe. I'm in a green groove these days because emerald is back after a few years of being impossible to find anywhere. My coloring is on the very cool side, dark brown hair and fair skin, so any green with yellow in it makes me look...green. Not stylish, not very preppy either (the point is to hold one's liquor well not the opposite). But emerald is one of my fave shades and maybe what's happening is though I swear not to buy more stuff, subconsciously I think I fear this shade will go away again for another several years.

Best of all? It was $425 originally, then marked down to $229 but thanks to the sirens, I paid a grand total of $183.71.

The code for online shopping is DECSALE30 and yes, if you want to hit the Brick n Mortar store, their sale styles are an extra 30% off too.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is one beautiful bag - we love the green! And you sure were a smart shopper, the markdown is incredible!

Good for you!
tp

Anonymous said...

Everytime I've seen that color, I sit up straight and take notice. It's hard to find things in that shade of green. Great purchase!

Preppy Pink Crocodile said...

Oh I love the bag and the color is fabu!!

Noracharles1995 said...

Thanks ladies - it is not only prep to the nth degree, it's xmassy so it'll work well.

I need to post about my other find. Posh Spice has a jeans and sunglasses line and I got reeled in by her sunglasses w green frames of that same shade. Again a big markdown otherwise I wouldn't have sprung for them. They are from www.asos.com which has great things at all prices.