Sunday, March 20, 2011

Getting the Green On


So this week there was a certain holiday where wearing of the green is for many mandatory and others at least think about it just a little bit before being contrarian. I had found a hole in one of my beloved shirts of the perfect emerald green and was not happy about it but it did give me the chance to try something a little wild and maybe a little weird for someone who considers herself a Prep. I had wondered what putting on basecoat, then opaque white polish, then layering a glittery but dullish shade over it would look like. It looks like the above. At first I thought "Yikes." and WTH? It is an out there look. However it has grown on me and the polish color looks almost three dimensional. I have also heard on very good authority that one way to deal with bruised or discolored toenails is to put this opaque white shade on as a basecoat. Then you're free to layer sheer polish over it without the discoloration showing through.

So this is what my toenails are going to look like for the time being. A bit new wave to be sure but a color I think we have all seen rugby stripes and polo shirts in. And anyway we all know there are a few types of Preppies (more on that later when I blog about my favorite things).

2 comments:

Beth Dunn said...

I love it! It's festive
xoxo
SC

Noracharles1995 said...

Thanks Beth! It would work well with red for xmas or any light pastel color for Easter - the opaque undercoat would make them pop :-) Sheer colors can be a hassle to apply because you have to put on so many coats but this would probably work with just one sheer coat over it.

xoxo back at you!

Vicki