Saturday, March 19, 2011

Not Dead...Yet


It's time. I have been not even remiss, beyond remiss in the updating of this blog. However, I am back and this time (I hope) I will not be such a slacker. So much has happened, the last time I posted a tea party was this event you had with The Girls or in my case my little girls and a few stuffed animals. Now it's, well, you know (more on this later, believe me).

I've also been still scouting out great preppy haunts in the Metro DC and Northern Virginia areas. I had passed by a shop called The Preppy Pink Pony many a time and, intrigued, had wanted to go in, but I was never there during shop hours and when I was, just not able to set aside the time to stop. Believe me as I gazed across the Safeway parking lot from the urgent care clinic, headache feeling like a vice, prescription in hand, I had wanted to stop by. But since this was my usual state when in that neck of the woods, I couldn't go by there. Until a few weeks ago when I was near there to get take out instead of stumble into the clinic sick as a dog. While waiting for the food, I took a stroll over there and Wow! This shop has alot of wonderful preppy needs and a zillion wants. They had Trappe Candles, Bed Head PJ's, lovely silver jewelry and Lilly things for the home like picture frames and bulletin boards, and Scout Bags. Which I immediately fell in love with because the webbing on many of their styles is not navy as is the case with many preppy bags but black. Which to my eye is amazing with pinks, greens and other preppy brights.

But this isn't all, The Preppy Pink Pony has Bonanno sandals, needlepoint sandals and monogrammed clogs for both big people and little people and...Lilly, the resident pooch. Natch, The Preppy Pink Pony has lots of treats for the doggie in your life.

You can visit The Preppy Pink Pony and shop online here.

No comments: