Monday, August 18, 2008

Obama/Biden 2008

I know, I've changed my mind about this one. At one time, I wanted Barack to pick Hillary as his running mate. However, with the exception of certain extreme trouble makers (who are quite possibly not even Democrats to begin with so who cares what they think anyway) I believe Democrats are uniting behind Obama already regardless of who he chooses as his running mate. And I think there would be poetic justice in Hillary becoming the next Attorney General with all the BS charges levelled at her and her husband in the 1990's.

Then there's the situation in Russia and Georgia. It's interesting to me that Senator Biden and not any of the other potential running mates was the one to travel to Georgia over the weekend. Despite there being an official ceasefire, unofficially it appears that Russian forces remain there.
I love Tim Kaine, being a Virginian myself and want to see him remain as my state's Governor. But of all the picks, it's Biden who hands down has the foreign policy experience and contacts overseas. Plus, he knows EVERYONE in Washington.

Can Biden be blunt (or more) at times? Sure, but let's be honest, the US's rep overseas has gone to hell in a handbasket, and understandably. He has the foreign policy chops to help Barack fix it.

No comments: