Friday, August 29, 2008

What Family Values?

Ok, so Sarah Palin had her baby with Down's syndrome which is admirable when many were telling her not to. She is staunchly opposed to abortions. Who isn't really? The difference is us reasonable people believe in access to birth control so there ARE fewer abortions. But I digress....

But IMO returning to work only 3 days after the baby is born is definitely NOT a family value. Suppose the tables were turned and she was, say, a senator from Delaware who had lost her spouse in a car accident. I somehow could not see her going through the hassles of commuting to and from home each night after work to be with her kids if she had someone else to look after them. Not if she's willing to walk away from a 3 day old newborn and to top that, one with Down's syndrome.

The mind boggles. The mind remembers Barney Frank's quip about life beginning at conception and ending at birth.

Do we REALLY want someone like this a heartbeat away? I don't. I'll take the guy who can and has changed diapers but who's also stood up to Slobodan Milosevic.

I'm a reasonable person.

3 comments:

Jazziette said...

Very well stated, Nora! To think that this woman has demonstrated a disregard for morality in general is somewhat of an understatement. In my opinion it's a kind of paradox to not teach a young teen the responsibilities of how to prevent unwanted pregnancy and then to publicly display them before the world is the strangest exploitation I have ever witnessed from a parent. I agree wholeheartedly!

"What family values?"

:(

~ Jazziette

Noracharles1995 said...

Thanks Jazz :-). Somehow I couldn't imagine Biden leaving a 3 day old baby with Downs. He would find a way to take leave from his job and be with the mother and baby.

Hillary would never do it either. No way, no how, no walking away from family for ambition's sake.

I wonder how this naked ambiton's going to play out all over the US.

Jazziette said...

Just between you and me Nora....I think the Palin "novelty" will wear off soon!

I have a feeling we're in for quite a few laughs as we go hopping along the Palin Tail....

Pun intended!

LOL

(P.S. About Biden....you hit it on the nail Sista! He wouldn't have left that child for all the tea in China. I don't think Obama would have either for that matter and certainly not Hillary. In fact...I'll even give Bill credit on that one. Three days? I hope she loves her country more than she loves her kids!

Or do I?