Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Awesomeness All Around

Gothic Dragon and I headed to Art With Flowers at Tyson's Galleria on Sunday for the introduction of Pearl, Apothia's newest fragrance.  Ron Robinson is pictured above (left), showing Bill the store's owner and other attendees the magic that is Pearl.   The description from the Apothia.com site reads, "Pearl is a simple, precious, polished work of art with hints of shiso leaf, plum blossom, peony, orris and warm golden amber, parallel to the formation of the pearl - a natural quality gem - small, precious and perfectly polished by nature."  The end result is a complex citrus vs a more simple citrus like O Oui Lancome to give one example I know.  I was a devoted wearer of O, Aromatonique and other citrus scents but went off of them a few summers ago and couldn't really figure out why.  One sniff of Pearl and I knew why, the simpleness of the others has become boring to me.  Pearl on the other hand is so multi layered, it's much more interesting but still fresh.  The dry down was a just showered scent on me and I was intrigued when Ron has us sniff the dry down on his wrist because on him, it was completely different, alot more herbal.  So this is a winner for both men and women.

Thanks to Stevie in LA  for spreading the word about the event, and thanks too to Gothic Dragon for writing up such a great synopsis of the day and of Art With Flowers itself.  I can't say enough good things about this store and it is indeed so much more than fragrances, it's things for the home, eclectic books and CD's, chocolates, teas, skincare, haircare, gifts.  It transcends being a store and is truly an experience.

In other awesomeness, I am now on  Nautical by Nature's blogroll which is pretty cool given how infrequently I've been able to blog the past few weeks.  Thanks Kate!  I promise to live up to the honor.

4 comments:

Nancy said...

How far is Art With Flowers from northern Baltimore? I'm going to a reunion at Hopkins in a couple of weeks, I'd love to see it and you!

Noracharles1995 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Noracharles1995 said...

Hey Nancy, it's in the Tyson's Galleria which is in Northern VA, probably about an hour to 1.5 hours from Baltimore. A bit of a haul but worth it. Keep me posted on your plans, I want to meet you too!

Anonymous said...

This looks like it was loads of fun Miss PreppyCrat! I can echo the feeling behind on blogs and comments, it has just been chaotic!

Have a wonderful weekend!
tp